Scinic Snail Matrix Cream Review

Monday, August 5, 2013
I found this cream at Olive Young after reading it on FrontRowBeauty's blog (I love her blog - frontrowbeauty.com ).  You may have heard that snail mucous is the current IT ingredient in Korean skin care at the moment. It is suppose to be full of nutrients.




I have never tried anything from Scinic before nor heard of it before reading Reika's blog, but I'm glad I tried it.




Performance:
It feels very light and moisturizing at the same time. My face always feel moisturized with this product on. However, it does take 5- 10 minutes to be fully absorbed into your skin and during those 5-10 minutes you will have a very dewy, wet, sheen on your face. It has not clogged my pores nor irritated my skin. I use it both morning and night after toner. 



What I love about it:
     - Very affordable
     - Very moisturizing
     - Does not clog my pores nor irritate my skin
     - Makes my skin feel softer
     - Feels light enough for summer and effective enough for winter


What I don't love about it:
     - Jar packaging. Although it is a very pretty and elegant looking glass jar, it still bothers me when I get things under my nails. It doesn't feel very hygienic.
     - It doesn't absorb right away, it takes 5- 10 minutes to fully absorb.


Price: 10 000Won



Texture:
It's very thin but stretchy, kind of like school glue but not too sticky. It smells natural, I guess? Not smelly, nor floral, nor fruity, but kind of neutral, the way you would expect smell mucous to smell but lighter, almost no smell. It doesn't bother me at all. Even though I love fresh smelling things, added fragrance is not good for your skin. 



Rating: A +
I love how I can use this product both for summer and winter. Since Scinic is not a very big brand in Korea, I always have a backup or two, just in case it gets discontinued at Olive Young.

1 comment:

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top