Missha Near Skin Firming Peptide Extra Vital Toner and Concentrating Emulsion Review

Friday, October 11, 2013


Hello there, today I'll be reviewing the two things I've been using lately: Missha Near Skin Firming Peptide Extra Vital Toner and Concentrating Emulsion.

Most of the time, I don't like doing the asian 7 - 9 steps of skincare each night, but when my skin was drying like mad near the end of winter, I decided to incorporate the steps of "toner" and emulsion. As you know, toners in Korea aren't the same as toners in Western cosmetics. The toners in Korea are meant more to be used to prep your skin by adding light moisture before your add your emulsion and cream, etc. whereas the toners from western cosmetic companies aim more as to cleanse your skin thoroughly before you add your moisturizer.


I tried the toner and emulsion from a sample  and I was so impress I literally ran out to a Missha store to get the full size. It made my skin feel very firm and really moisturized. 

Performance: 

Missha Near Skin Firming Peptide Extra Vital Toner 



The toner is a slight pinkish milky liquid that is just a tad thicker than water. When you press it into your skin, it sinks in immediately, giving the skin a very moisturized feeling. It has a soft rosey floral scent. 

Toner
What I Love About It:

- absorbs really quickly
- soft floral fragrance
- instant hydration
- definitely feels as if it has prepared my skin for the next skincare step
- stopper at the top allows for good precision when pouring the product out

What I Don't Love About It:
- heavy opaque glass bottle - it is impossible to see how much is left and also it can do some serious harm if you accidently drop it 
- expensive

Missha Near Skin Firming Peptide Concentrating Emulsion 



The emulsion is like a light pink lotion. It smells almost exactly like the toner. When you apply it on, it can feel slightly oily at first but after it absorbs, the skin looks moisturized but shine free. It sinks into the skin really quickly as well. It is hydrating enough that I don't feel the need to follow up with a moisturizer (but I do, because that's the way I roll).

Emulsion

What I Love About It

- silky smooth and very easily spreadable
- soft floral fragrance
- pump dispension
- very hydrating
- makes my skin feel smooth and firm

What I Don't Love About It:

- again, heavy opaque glass bottle - for the same reasons as the toner.
- expensive 

Overall

I find that these two items have been really effective for my skin which I'm really surprised about.  When I use the testers at the Missha stores, everything feels exactly the same. I'm glad that I tried this combo.

It made my skin really smooth without causing any clogged pores. The soft scent makes me feel feminine as well. I really enjoy it. When I use this combo, my skin feels really firm and hydrated. I think it is a product that truly works.


Score: A+ HG

I love this toner - emulsion combo. I love the scent, the texture, the result. It has truly made my skin feel hydrated even in the tough winter. I highly recommend it.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic blog article.Thanks Again. Cool.

    Toremifene

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is ur skin type? Mine is combination leaning to oily side. I wonder if I can use this product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! My skin type is dry- combination. I think you might find that this product is too oily feeling for your skin but you never really know until you try it ^^

      Delete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top