Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off Review

Monday, October 21, 2013
I think this is if not the best selling and most well known Skinfood product - the Black Sugar Mask Wash Off. I would have to say I am really truly enjoying their skincare products at the moments, especially the black sugar line but their make up has been always been a bit of a let-down.



Since I'm not really a fan of super hyped up products, I put off buying this scrub for a while but now I really enjoy it. It comes in a simple white - clear tube with a twist off lid. I think this type of packaging is pretty typical for a Skinfood product. Their packaging always looks differently from the other cosmetic companies.


Claims:
"A mask that contains mineral - enriched Brazilian black sugar, and promotes smooth, glowing skin." 

Directions:
"After cleansing, massage onto damp face, avoiding the eye and mouth areas. To minimize irritation, add water or toner while massaging. Leave for 10 - 15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water."



Performance:

At first I didn't really like this product. I thought it was over hyped and felt like I wasted my money... but then one day I used it again and realized that I've been misusing this product all along. Now, I absolutely love it. 

The mask is solid and hard in the tube, as you can see. I usually scrape off about a thumb size amount into my palm and add warm water to it while pressing down on it. This helps the sugar particles loosing  up and makes it easier to be applied onto the face. If you don't add enough water or loosen up the sugar with warm water, it can be really abrasive and damaging to your skin. After doing that, I gently spread the mask all over my face, avoiding eye area. I don't massage the sugar at this stage as I feel, it is still too abrasive. Then I wait about 10- 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. As I'm rinsing the mask, the gently massage my face. After I wash off the mask, my skin looks clear and bright.

What I love about it:

- it really performs as an exfoliant and as a mask 
- it makes my skin brighter, clearer, and softer
-  smells great - it has a sweet, lemony scent 
- it makes me feel totally relax
- affordable

What I don't like about it:

- the sugar can be a bit abrasive if you don't dilute it with water

Over all:

Score: B+

I really recommend this mask if you are looking for a good exfoliant mask but the sugar could have been a bit finer. For that reason I am giving this product only a B+. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top