Banila Co. The Black 17 Sleeping Pack Review

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My first encounter with this product is through a sample pack. I've had the sample for the longest time but I never really had any high expectations of it. To me, Banila Co. is a brand well known for their eyeliners and their primers, it wasn't a skincare focus brand. However, one day as I was updating my bag of sample, I decided to pull this out and give it try.

IT WAS INCREDIBLE.

I tried to resist purchasing this because I already have three other sleeping packs that were not nearly finished, but eventually I caved in.

Ingredients:
Although the packaging doesn't have any formal English ingredients list, it did have this picture list of what the The Black 17 black food complex consist of:



Texture:
The product is like a thick jelly texture. It looks almost black in the tube but it's actually a clear deep indigo blue with white beads, which are suppose to be capsules of moisture. When I first tried this from the sample packet, I didn't actually feel any beads but when I tried the tube I felt the beads.... strange. Maybe they updated the formula over the timespan that I've had the sample (about a year). It feels a bit grainy at first but then it disappears.


A close up




Spread Out

Performance:

The product should be easily spread on the face. It feels slightly cool and hydrating. Not sticky at all, just like a layer of gel. It absorbs quite quickly. When you wake up in the morning, you definitely feel no residue left on your face nor see any on the pillow.

I notice that my skin looks brighter, firmer, and more hydrated.

I'm not sure if it's because of the 17 food complex but whatever it is, it definitely helped my skin especially when I'm stressed.

What I Love About It:
- inexpensive for a Banila Co. product: it is 14 000Won - the same cost as their Eyelove Eyeliner
- keeps my skin hydrated through the night
- makes my skin look brighter
- absorbs easily and leaves no noticeable residue on my pillow

What I Don't Love About It:
- although there is a ingredients list in pictures on the box, there's no actual ingredient list mentioned in English.

Score: A

Overall I love this product and would highly recommend it. It's gives so much hydration and keeps the skin looking bright and bouncy. I would rank it as my second favorite sleeping pack after Innisfree Canola Honey Sleeping Pack. It would be nice to see a full list of ingredients in English though.

4 comments:

  1. omg, I saw this on their website but I thought it is a clay mask or something coz the packaging is black and it reminds me of their "Claypatra" product..lol

    But it does sounds great! I would love to see my face is hydrated in the morning coz I looks sick when I woke up,,haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely check it out. This is my HG sleeping mask at the moment because it's so effective and doesn't make a mess on my pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it would be all black, and giving me nightmare while using it. lol.. but it turns out transparent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I was hesitant to by it because of that same reason! If you look closely, it is more of a midnight blue and once spread, it is transparent ^^

      Delete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top