Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliner Review

Monday, November 18, 2013

Hi everyone, today's review will be on the famous Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliners!

These gel liners have been well raved on about in Korea as well as internationally and for good reasons. I most Korean girls will have this gel liner staple in their makeup pouch if they don't have the Bobbi Brown gel liner. This gel liner is one of Tony Moly's bestsellers.



Tony Moly Backstage gel liners have a wide range of colors to chose from, about 12 to be exact. They are all very wearable colors. The one I have is in #3 Pear Brown. 

They are very afforable - 8 600Won each and sometimes on sale for 20% off on Tony Moly sale days.


#3 Pearl Brown is a wearable bronze brown with slight gold shimmer.


Performance:
 I love all almost all the colors in the Backstage Gel liner range. They are fun and wearable. The color I chose is #3 Pearl Brown because I find that is the color I tend to gravitate towards the most. The color is pigmented with one swipe and applies smoothly and easily. The little brush  that comes with the package is usable and convenient. 

This eyeliner is smudge-proof after it sets and is long lasting as well as water resistant. I do find that it fades after about 6hrs but it disappears in small bits slowly, so it isn't very noticable.

I find that my eyeliner started drying out after about 6 months and it became a bit hard and difficult to apply. Which is sad because I've had my BanilaCo gel eyeliner for a year and it is still really smooth and pigmented.

Even though it is long lasting and water resistent, I haven't encounter any problems removing it with an eye makeup remover or a cleansing oil.

What I Love About It
  • Tony Moly offers a wide range of beautiful and fun gel eyeliner colors - more than most Korean stores offer
  • Affordable - 8 600Won
  • Pigmented
  • Smooth
  • Long lasting
  • Fades away in a very unnoticeable way
  • Water Resistant
  • Smudge-proof

What I Don't Love About It
  • Dries and becomes hard to work with after 6 months

Score: A

I really love that it doesn't smudge on my eyes and that Tony Moly offers such a wide range of colors, but the fact that it dries faster than most of my other gel liners is a bit of a bumer. Anyhow, for the price  I think it is an amazing alternative to the Bobbi Brown gel liners.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top