Aritaum World Glam Coating Tint in #10 London Review

Thursday, January 9, 2014

I picked up two World Glam Coating Tint from Aritaum.  I love how they have city names on them. It makes me extra fond of them. I picked up Seoul - just because I am living here at the moment and London - I've wanted to visit London ever since I read Harry Potter. If they ever make a Toronto, I'd definitely pick it up as well.

Today I'm only reviewing London.

They retail for 9 000 Won for 9ml.

Aritaum World Glam Coating Tint is offered in 10 colors - ranging from pinks to corals to reds. This promotional picture isn't really true to color so I highly recommend you to look up some blogs for swatches before making a purchase.


Initial Impression: When I first put this product on my lips I wasn't sure if I liked it. It had this weird feeling. I get the same feeling when I get cleanising oil on my lips which I don't really like. It went on smoothly and was pretty opaque after one coat.  The brush applied just the right amount of product. It felt quite moisturizing and I don't feel the need to put a lip balm on underneath it. It felt like a glossy balm and I was sure that it would wear off and get on my clothing or hair.

However as the day went by, the color remained on my lips. It didn't slip nor slide. I can even reapply it without it bunching up on my lips.

After a few hours and some water and snacks, the initial glossiness finally faded away and left behind a pretty tint that stayed on my lips until removal at the end of the night. The product is quite moisturizing. Not even once throughout the day did I feel the need to put a lip balm on top of it - not even when it was just the tint left.

It has an artificial citrus scent and taste quite sweet - not that I intentionally tasted it.


Performance:  
I've worn this lip product everyday since I first got it. I have to say I quite like it. Although I still don't really like the feeling of it on my lips, it doesn't bother me that much anymore. Sometimes I even forget I have it on. It's such a low maintanance product that I just absolutely love it. It gives beautiful color and gloss while still being moisturizing. I don't even need to carry other lip products with me when I'm out.  I absolutely love the fact that it doesn't feather nor get on my teeth. I still have to apply it with a mirror but I don't have to worry about it once it's on. Even when it wears off, I can just reapply it or just leave the super natural matte tint on lips. I've heard that the lighter colors don't really leave much of a tint on and that's quite understandable.

Color:
#10 London is a really wearable pinky-red.  It has a muted undertone so it doesn't really jump out when someone looks at you. Although the color in the pictures are true, it's really doesn't capture the mute quality of this pinky-red. I don't see a lot of muted pink-reds like this so I think it's quite unique. When I don't have time to put on makeup for work, I just swipe this on and it makes me look quite put-together. The product goes on really smoothly and evenly. It definitely has a gloss. That's probably what they meant when they say "coating" tint. The glossiness of it is like a top coat! When you wipe off the initial color and gloss, it leaves behind a tint that won't come off unless you use a makeup remover. 
  

 I've seen a number of people doing a gradiation with this product but I haven't master that technique yet. I just swipe it all over my lips.

Applicator:
I like how this comes in a slanted applicator. It makes application really easy and I can get the corners of my mouth with ease. Just the right amount of product comes out.

What I Love About It:
- unique color that is pretty and wearable
- has a glossy finish 
- moisturizing
- leaves a nice tint even after wearing off
- doesn't feather
- low maintanence
- inexpensive

What I don't love about it:
- the scent 

Score: A+
This my current favorite lip product. Gloss, color, tint, and balm in one? Definitely a must have :) I highly recommend you check it out. It would be amazing if they came out with more colors like they did with the Wannabe Cushion Tints. The colors on the promotional picture doesn't really capture the colors so I'd definitely recommend you to swatch them if you can before buying. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top