Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Foam Review

Sunday, February 16, 2014

As a tea lover, I'm partial to most things that contain the word "tea" in it. In fact, I love green tea the most for its clean and pure taste. I've tried the Innisfree  Pure Green Tea Sleeping Mask Pack before and it was pretty good. However, the scent in the line are all about the same - a bit too strong and artificial for my taste. I still gravitated towards this cleanser every time I was in Innisfree until one day during membership day, I purchased it.

What really made me buy it was, not only its claim on green tea as an ingredient, but its little message:
"Enriched with Green Tea and Green complex from pure jeju island, Green Tea Pure revives dry, stressed skin by supplying abundant moisture."

Stressed skin - who doesn't have stressed skin when living in a city with as much pollution as Seoul?

Claims: 
"This mild cleansing foam cleanser contained with Jeju eco-friendly green tea moisturizing, antioxidant ingredients and kaolin washes off not only makeup residue but also soft facial hair impurities with its refined and foamy lather as it helps create a fresh and clean skin."
*kaolin is a clay that has been used in cosmetics (as well as toothpaste, pottery - etc. ) for centuries now. Some claim that it can reduce oilyness and clear impurities but there has been no scientific evidence as of yet.

"88% natural origin ingredients."

Directions: "Squeeze an appropriate amount onto clean hands and create lather. Smoothly massage over your face and thoroughly rinse with lukewarm water afterwards."

Price:  6 500Won / 150ml.

It comes in a simple soft squeeze tube.

            The product after being squeezed out of the tube - simple white cream

                                     It's really easy to spread out

      Add some water and massage - you can see it creates a white milky substance

        If you keep massaging and rinsing with water, you'll get foam bubbles like this

Performance:
Since this is a cleanser, it's only going to be on my skin for a few minutes at a time so I don't really expect any great changes. I just need it to do its job - cleansing without stripping my skin of its moisture. Which, oddly enough, have been really hard to find a cleanser like that. I've tried so many but none of them actually please me enough for me to use it on a daily basis. 

When I squeeze this product out of the tube, the consistency is perfect. Not too watery, not too hard.  It's really easy to control how much product I want out of the tube.  With a bit of water, the cleansing foam lathers up a bit but not too much. It's more like a milky texture as you can see from the picture above. After I've added water to create the milky, bubbly liquid - I apply it to my face. (I never ever apply the product directly to my face because that will definitely dry up my skin.) It doesn't feel like it's drying nor does it feel like soap. I use this product as a second round after cleansing oil and also in the morning. After rinsing the product off, I don't feel any left over residues nor does my skin feel like it's sqeeking cleaning. It just feels clean, supple, and fresh. If this product could prevent pimples, it would be the perfect cleanser but it's not and it never claimed to be. It only claimed to give moisture for stressed skin - which it does.

Although the green tea scent is artificial and strong, it smells really fresh. I really get that wave of freshness when I use this product in the morning. It wakes me up a bit and makes me feel calm. After rinsing of the product, I don't smell any lingering green tea scent. 


Ingredients: There are a lot of plant extracts working as antioxidants in this cleanser.

What I Love About It:
- doesn't feel like regular soap 
- makes my skin feel fresh in the morning
- fresh green tea scent
- cleans without stripping
- doesn't make my skin feel squeeky clean
- very affordable
- many antioxidant ingredients 
- doesn't have the typical drying - soapy feeling

What I don't Love About It:
- it's doesn't prevent my skin from getting the occassional pimple.
- scent may be too artificial and strong for some people - added fragrance is never really a good thing in any skincare 


Overall:
If you don't mind artificially strong scents, I would recommend this product as an excellent basic cleanser. It's not necessary the most amazing cleansing foam but it will make your skin clean without it being sqeeking clean. There are some negative reviews on this product, so I definitely suggest you reading them before making a purchase.

12 comments:

  1. hi chrissie, thanks for the review. i bought that foam out of sheer curiosity, and i ended up being very surprised by it. i loved it and would def buy it again. leaves my skin fresh, clean and bright. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! Looking back at this post makes me want to buy a second tube now ^^

      Delete
  2. Not sure if my last comment went through but i mentioned how I just stumbled upon this product today and found your blog while researching it! I was wondering if you can help me find a reliable place to purchase this from or if you have any recommendations for acne prone skin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Jaz! I have never actually bought any Korean products online before but I know that Innisfree opened a global website last year. It's http://www.innisfreeworld.com. Hope that helps^^ Nothing's more reliable than the actual site!

      Delete
    2. If you stay in Malaysia..you can try purchase from http://www.hermo.my/ or http://althea.kr/

      Delete
  3. please tell me. how often sholud i use? I don't know speak English enough. I'm using a translation program. I could not find anywhere the answer to my question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can use this whenever you wash your face. It's meant to help clean off any dirt or sweat to help keep your skin clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is your skin type ? I read some reviews and it says it dries out the skin . is that true?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have normal-combo skin. I didn't find it dry at all because I only used a small bit to make foam before using it on my skin. If you apply it directly on your face and leave it there, it will be drying.

      Delete
  6. Green Tea Face Wash has cleansing properties that eliminate dirt and skin impurities, thus giving you radiant looking skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have to use this facial wash at morning or at night? or both?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the finest tea experience with the special Order Now from Leafbox! Explore a delightful selection of quality green teas that have been expertly chosen to entice your palate and awaken your senses. Several green tea blends, each overflowing with antioxidants and natural deliciousness, are included in our combination pack. The limited-edition collection has something for every tea enthusiast, from calming sencha to aromatic matcha. Upgrade your daily tea routine and enjoy the ease of always having a wide variety of green teas available.

    ReplyDelete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top