[REVIEW] Bobbi Brown Long Lasting Gel Eyeliner in Black Scotch (Limited Edition)

Friday, July 3, 2015

Black Scotch is a limited edition gel eyeliner that came out with the Bobbi Brown Holidays 2014 collection. The moment I saw pictures of it, I knew I had to get it. Since we didn't have Nordstroms nor Macys where I live, I had a hard time figuring out how to get my hands on it. After a trip to Chicago over Christmas, I found my solution.

As this product is limited edition, you may be wondering why I am reviewing it. The answer is that, I made a promise to someone. Seeing this gel eyeliner in Macy's after being told that it was sold out months ago at Nordstrom prompt an immediate impulse buy - after which I promised that someone that I would do a review on it - more than half a year later - here it is. This review may also be beneficial to those of you who can find it from an individual seller or somehow stumble upon it at cosmetic outlets.


Although, the box is different from the usually black Bobbi Brown gel liner boxes, the actual jar is the same as the gel liners in the permanent collection - glass jar with simple plastic lid. 



Although it looks like quite a solid dark brown, you'll be surprised to see what's underneath - and it's beauty that will wow you. 


Underneath the seemingly dark brown top, the gel liner is actually a warm amber, shimmer packed milk brown.




Depending on where the light hits it, the shimmers in the gel liner can come off as warm, golden amber or just golden. However, on the eyes, it pretty much looks like a regular brown liner - making it year-round, daily-wear friendly.

Although this is my first Bobbi Brown gel liner, I've heard a lot of hype on this product beforehand ... and the actual product does not disappoint! I find it to be amazingly easy to work - it's not too wet as some gel liners can be nor dry is it at all. It's smooth and soft while providing solid pigmentation. I don't need to worry about blinking my eyes and causing the line to smudge because it won't smudge! You have about five seconds to smudge the liner out before it sets. Once set, it will not budge (although with Black Scotch, the shimmers will kind of smudge out of place even after the liner yet, but it's not to a degree where it's really noticeable.)

I would describe Black Scotch to be a warm, milk chocolate brown with golden amber shimmer. Although the swatch is gorgeous, I'm afraid on the eyes, the shimmer isn't really noticeable, so don't feel too bad if you've missed out on Black Scotch - just try another color from Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Gel Liner line!

When I went on a trip recently, this was the only brown liner that I packed. Even after going hiking and canoeing in warm humid weather, my liner did not budge. I am super happy with my purchase.

I would completely recommend this product and I'm looking forward to trying many more of items from Bobbi Brown cosmetics in the future.




5 comments:

  1. I love the gel liner. This product seems great!

    www.gadzotica.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, it's gorgeous. I'm always up for trying smudge-proof liners, especially in a gel formula. I think I'll look into more of the Bobbi Brown gel liners in the future. Thanks for doing this review even though this is a LE version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcomed! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  3. Hey i love all product i purchase from Bobbi brown india.
    http://www.palladiummumbai.com/inner.aspx?ID=140

    ReplyDelete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top