[REVIEW] Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher in #6 Grapefruit Jelly

Sunday, July 5, 2015
Etude House’s Lovely Cookie Blushers have been around for a while now and I’m sure you’ve seen them somewhere before. If the cute packaging isn’t enough to convince you why you need to purchase them already, this review will certainly do.


The Lovely Cookie Blushers have long been part of the permanent Etude House collection. As a result, there are 12 colors to chose from. The colors range from orangey peach to pinks to plums. The color which I’m reviewing for you today is #6 Grapefruit Jelly.



Normally I’m drawn to cool tone pinks as I find that they are most suited to brightening my face. However, I chose #6 after hearing that it is Pony’s (Korean Makeup Artist/Blogger) favorite blushers (her instagram is my reference). #6 Grapefruit Jelly is a soft, peachy pink.  It’s incredibly natural looking on my skin no matter how heavy I put it on. Safe to say, if I want to have that no-makeup makeup look, this would be my top pick for blusher.

According to their website, this product is:

“A blusher that supplies cheeks with vivid color for a peppy and gorgeous look by just light dabbing with the included lovely puff.
* The BEST pink blush in 2015 awarded by 'Get it Beauty'

Blur effect: The unique powder that reflects shine to various ways to express bright skin color is used to deliver excellent application and delicate vivid colors.

Long lasting: Sebum Control Powder tech is applied to absorb sebum to maintain fresh makeup and it contains Coating Pigment for long-lasting clear makeup.

Lovely Puff: Fluffy cushion type puff helps blend and build beautifully to desired intensity.”

Although many people love the round plastic packaging, I’m personally not a big fan of it. It’s very cute, but it is a hassle to store. The curvature of the lid makes it impossible to stack them on top of each other so I much prefer the sturdy, flat packaging of Tony Moly’s Cristal Blushers. The frosted plastic of the curve lid also looks quite delicate so I’m pretty sure if I were to drop it, it would crack.




It comes with a cute little furry puff with an adorable pink ribbon. It’s housed inside the case with a plastic shield separating the poof from the blush.  Although I’ve stuck to applying this blush with my regular brushes, I’m sure this puff will be handy on the go. I haven’t actually needed to use it yet though because this blush has awesome staying power.



Formula

As you all probably know by now, I am a huge fan of asian cosmetics and this product just shows why. For around $5 USD, this blush is comparable is not better than all the high end blushes I've tried to date. So rather spending $30 on my next blush, I'd rather spend $5 and use the rest of the money to buy myself a meal (or more probable - more makeup).



 Colour 

This product is soft, blendable, and very fine. No matter how hard I swirl my blush in it, it doesn't seem to chalk up. True to its claim, it does create a blur effect on my cheek. It looks bright and sweet, yet very natural. I don't have to worry about applying too heavy of a hand because I can blend it out easily. I will also say this is quite long lasting on my cheeks - probably around five to six hours.

If you are wondering how this compares to the Tony Moly Cristal Blushers, the main difference that I see is that the Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher is softer, less dry and creates a more blurred effect than the Tony Molys but the Tony Molys' are longer lasting and come in a wider array of colours. I recommend blushes from both brands. 


L-R: Skinfood, Tony Moly, Etude House

Here are some of the colours, I found to be similar in pan to the Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher #6 Grapefruit Jelly.  Skinfood Cream Blusher (reviewed here) is more much pink based and dries down to a complete matte, Tony Moly #3 Pleasure Peach has an orangey undertone and it has a sheen over it which isn't prominent in pictures, and the Etude House #6 is completely matte with no sheen and looks as if it can blend right into my skin. I had to heavily swatch all of these blushers to make sure they appear on camera. 

If I had to pick a favourite among these three, the Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher is definitely my favourite because of it's natural blurry finish and colour. I highly recommend trying out this line of blushers from Etude House!

2 comments:

  1. I wantthis blusher so much. It has very soft blooming color! Definitely try it

    www.gadzotica.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very fresh and lovely color! Let me know if you try it in the future :)

      Delete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top