[REVIEW] NYX Butter Gloss (Vanilla Cream Pie (BLG09) and Peaches and Cream (BLG 03))

Wednesday, July 8, 2015
"Butter me up with divine gloss that feels like it melts on lips."

Claims: "Buttery soft and silky smooth our scrumptious new Butter Lip Gloss tastes as sweet as a sugar cookie—and makes your lips look downright luscious. Swipe it on alone or over your favorite lipstick for creamy sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky." - source: NYX Website

NYX’s Butter glosses have been around for a while but I’ve just recently discovered the right colors for myself and I freaking love them. They take me by surprise because I’m not really a gloss girl but these have me converted.

They come in a wide variety of colors.  I originally tried this product in Merengue and I remember really disliking it – mainly because the color was unsuitable for me and also because the consistency was thinner and thus applied patchier than the two recent ones I’ve purchased. This time I chose Vanilla Cream Pie and Peaches and Cream and it’s these two colors that I will be reviewing today.

These butter glosses are so convenient to carry around because they are moisturizing enough to replace my lip balm and pigmented enough to act as a lip color. I have no problem applying these on dry lips and they hide rather than accentuate dry spots on my lips. They really do melt onto the lips like butter and they feel light on the lips as well.

At around $5 USD, they’re very affordable. Although I purchased mine at full price, they often go on sale at Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off at Ulta.

The applicator is slanted at the base which allows for precise application on the lips.

On my lips, they last about 3 to 4 hours (without eating) - which is decent staying time for a gloss. It’s definitely not a watery gloss. I feel like they have a base that really attaches itself on the lips and this is what keeps it on. Needless to say, it won’t be completely removed with a napkin.
                                                                                        
These are scented. They have a very sweet, sugary frosting scent. Unless you are very sensitive to scents, I don’t think you need to worry too much about it.  Personally I find the scent quite pleasant and after a few minutes I don’t even notice it anymore.

Vanilla Cream Pie is described as mauve on the website and correctly so. It has fair colour payoff but the consistency is lighter than Peaches and Cream. 

Peaches and Cream is described as a pink coral. 

BLG 09 Vanilla Cream Pie

BLG 03 Peaches and Cream




Overall, I recommend checking these out. Since there is a wide color selection, I believe everyone can find a color that is suited for them. Of the two, Peaches and Cream is definitely my favorite because the color is more flattering on me and the consistency is a bit thicker. Lighter colours tend to be more watery than the darker colors. 

If you check these out, please make sure to let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading :)

3 comments:

  1. Ulta was having 40% off NYX last week. I'm not a big fan of glosses, but these actually look pigmented.
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do go on sale pretty often. I'm not a fan of glosses either but these are definitely really nice. I would say the darker colours have pretty solid pigmentation and the lighter colours are a bit sheerer. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I love the color! :D

    I nominated you for SISTERHOOD OF THE WORLD BLOGGERS AWARD.
    You can check the link here: http://www.gadzotica.com/2015/07/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award.html
    Don't forget to comment there with a link of your post if you have answered the questions. I would love to read them. Congratulations and enjoy the questions :D

    ReplyDelete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top