[REVIEW] Innisfree Glow Liquid Shadow

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Innisfree ~ 9 000Won

What’s unique about this product is that it is one of the first liquid eyeshadows to hit the “drugstore” market. I know that just in the last two years, many of the higher end brands, such as Dior and Georgio Armani, have came out with their own liquid eye shadows. These liquid eye shadows have been quite a hit amongst consumers. Korean make up trends and products usually quickly follows any type of hypes so I knew it was just a matter of time before liquid eye shadows would start appearing in the Korean market.



Have you watched the KDrama Warm and Cozy? It takes place on Jeju Island and these lady divers remind me of the ones in the drama!



From the side: the tip of the applicator is tilted. It allows for easy application and control.

The back of the applicator - it's wider than the side.





There are five colors in this range and they are all inspired by the earthly beauty of Jeju - for example, the rocks, water, greens and so on. Jeju is an island at the very southern part of Korea. It’s known for it’s lush natural beauty and is the source and inspiration for all Innisfree products.

Dabbed

Blended Out

Swiped 

#1 is a cool tone champagne color. It’s inspired by the soft sand of Jeju. I usually see this product being dabbed and blended out to achieve a light layer of shimmer – that is very subtle and natural. However, I find that you can achieve an almost foiled look when you swipe it on and just gently blend it out. This creates a more dramatic shiney look that I feel is perfect if you want people to really catch onto your eyes without being in their face.  I really like to use this on the center of my lids on top of a matte eyeshadow to give my eyes more depth.

I've swiped the product on the centre of my lids and blended out the edges.

When this product is applied, there is an odd cooling sensation. It only lasts a few minutes but you can definitely feel it. I think this cooling sensation comes from the wetness of the product because the longer you wear this eyeshadow, the less shine it has.  Also, you have only a little bit of time to smudge the product out. Once it sets, it's won't budge.


Overall, I think this is a really versatile product. I really like that it provides a lot of shine without being sparkly. Just a little bit will give you a sheer, slightly shimmery base but swiped and you have yourself a little bit of glam. I am really glad to have #1 and I'm thinking of getting #5 too. I love Jeju Island and I love how these colors take inspiration from it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to find this review! These liquid shadows are my most loved summer discovery... I've got the very same shade (I live on Jeju, so I HAD to get it!) and it's just so versatile, like you said!
    The Armani and Dior ones just never even were on my radar as they are out of my price range. Hopefully a lot of drugstore brands will jump on this bandwagon! :) For the time being I'll have my eye on #5, too!

    www.evydraws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top