Dior Addict Lipstick in 554 "It Pink"

Monday, October 26, 2015

The other day, while I was swatching some of my newer lipsticks, I reached over and picked up my Dior lipstick in the color "554 It Pink". It's my only Dior Addict lipstick. What makes this lipstick so special that it cost so much more than my other lipsticks? I wondered. Upon swatching it on my arm, I found new admiration for this lipstick. It glided on my skin easily with what looked like a gel base - unlike any lipstick I currently own. I decided to go on the Dior website to find out more about it.

The Dior Website describes it as:
Dior ushers in a new era in lip makeup with the breakthrough creation of a lipstick that boasts a hydra-gel core with a top coat effect for sensational mirror shine. 
Concentrated in the shape of a CD at the center, the ultra-moisturizing soft core runs the full length of the stick. Application after application, it works like a top coat, adding an extra dose of shine and lasting colour with unbelievable comfort.


This lipstick range in their Hydra-Gel Core Mirror Shine range - something I didn't know. The claims are pretty spot on. I found 554 It Pink to be extremely comfortable on the lips. It glided on without any tugging and didn't cling onto any dry patches. There is a shine that comes from the lipstick but it's nowhere near the effects of a lipgloss. This gel formula really makes my lips look plump with hydration. Surprisingly, I found this lipstick to be pretty long-lasting as well. It does come off onto cups and stuff but it still gives colour.

554 It Pink is a really natural colour on my skin. It's a beautiful sheer pink with a touch of coral. It's definitely on the sheerer side. The opacity of the lipsticks range from colour to colour.

Even after swipes on the lips, the colour is still quite sheer. It really reminds me more of a lip balm because the colour is so sheer and it's so moisturizing.

I haven't picked it up (along with the blush) this year because of a negative mugging experience that happened last Christmas. Perhaps it's time to shake off that negative experience and take this lipstick out again.

Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top