Finding Treasures... in My Own Treasure Chest

Monday, October 12, 2015

Our society is so fast paced these days. There's constantly things to do, goals to achieve, and new things to buy that we often forget to appreciate the things we already have. 

Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada and to celebrate, in a beauty sense, I'd like to share with you some of the treasures I've rediscovered in my collection. These are things I used to love, people used to hype about, used to use, and then forgotten when new collections came out. 

Some of these things may be discontinued, but the purpose of this post is not to encourage you to go buy it but rather to look into your collections and rediscover things that you used to love. 



MUA MAKEUP ACADEMY PROFESSIONAL: Heaven and Earth Palette - in 2012, after the hype of the Urban Decay Palettes, these were said to be the next best thing in the drugstore makeup realm. I purchased quite a few during their sale and in the picture is one of my backups. The quality is decent but the plastic case is just weak.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain: Smitten - moisturizing, longlasting, highly pigmented and still one of the best drugstore lip products.

Nature Republic Nature Island Eye Shadow: PK104 - one of the prettiest individual shadows I own

Wet n Wild: Silent Treatment and Walking on Eggshells - still the best drugstore eyeshadows I've used. I've completely fallen back in love with these - esp. the taupe in Silent Treatment. After shattering two of these palettes, I've gotten quite a few more stashed away.

Sasatinnie Oil Blotting Paper - smells like roses and does its job

Innisfree Mineral Glow Base - at one point, this used to be quite raved upon. It doesn't have any shimmers in it but gives a "moisture" glow.


Thanks for reading~ I'd love to hear what you've discovered in your treasure chest.

2 comments:

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top