[REVIEW] It Might Just Be Liquid Gold - Physicians Formula Argan Wear Nourishing Argan Oil

Friday, November 13, 2015


There's been one product that has made an amazing difference to my skin - the Physician's Formula Ultra Nourishing Argan Oil.

Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil: Argan oil is a gem and this one from Physicians Formula is definitely my favourite in the drugstore market. It's easily accessible, affordable, and is 100% Argan Oil. It has really helped my skin recover from the dry patches I was dealing with.

It's a myth that if you have oily skin you can't use oil. Even if you have oily skin, your skin can actually still be dehydrated. If you're afraid that argan oil will make you look oily, try using it only at night time. By morning it will have absorbed.

This can be used on your face, body, hair, and nails (basically everywhere).

"100% Pure Argan Oil, known as "liquid gold" for its rich conditioning benefits, can improve skin's brightness, tone, texture, and elasticity."
"This magical ingredient from Morocco transforms skin, smoothing the appearance of fine lines, brightening dull skin and renewing suppleness, helping to enhance skin's youthful looking glow without ever leaving a greasy feel or finish."
"The silky texture absorbs instantly and creates a beautiful even canvas so you can apply your makeup flawlessly."

Physician's Formula Argan Oil is marketed as a Multi-Tasking Miracle. It's 100% pure argan oil. It claims to be a moisturizer, primer, brigtener, protector, and treatment. I actually find this to be a pretty decent description of the product. During the last few weeks, my skin became extremely dry which resulted in dry patches everywhere. I decided to take this out again after having stopped during the summer. A few drops mixed into my moisturizer has made a world of a difference. I definitely see my skin looking much brighter and more moisturized than it has in the past month and the dry patches have almost completely disappeared.

I wouldn't recommend using this as a primer unless your skin or foundation is really dry. Even then, I recommend mixing only about a drop into your foundation. This can help create a dewy skin appearance. I find its claim at instant absorption a bit of an exaggeration. Whenever I apply argan oil onto my skin directly, it takes a while to absorb. This is why I rather mix it into my regular moisturizer which speeds it up a lot.














The oil itself is slightly golden and runny.

The bottle and the dropper are both glass. I really like the shape of the bottle because it is curved. It fits into my palm perfectly allowing me to have a firm grip on it. Although, the dropper allows for pretty decent control, sometimes an extra drop slips out. As with most oil products, it can be really hard to have the lid on tight. Oil tends to get between the lid and the jar which makes this product easily prone to leakage. If you're traveling with this, I highly recommend that you keep it separately in a ziplock bag.

If you're looking for an easy fix to your skin problems, this may not be it. Skin is such a complex organ that we really have to find the base problem before we can solve it. In my case, my skin was lacking oil from the products that I was using. Argan oil filled in that need and so I was able to get rid of dry patches.  However, if oil is what your skin needs, argan oil is an excellent choice.

I purchased mine for about $18 CAD at local drugstores but it does go on sale quite often. Each bottle comes with 30ml. You can also purchase this from iHerb which delivers internationally. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top