A SOLO TRIP: TORONTO ISLAND

Sunday, June 26, 2016
When was the last time you took a trip alone to spend time with you, yourself and you? As a woman in my late twenties, I know that traveling alone isn't always the safest, however, changes in my life has made me realized, once again, how important it is to appreciate and enjoy spending time alone, with just myself. Isn't it lonely? Isn't it weird? By yourself? I hear these questions a lot from my friends. If you can go shopping alone, eat alone, you can definitely travel alone - prioritizing safety of course. I know this is an unusual post on my beauty blog but once in a while we need to take a break from all the lipstick reviews.

For my day trip, I didn't have a lot of ideas where to go. In the end I decided to visit Toronto Island (Centre Island) because it's a crowded, family friendly place. I've only been there once before and I honestly don't remember much of it. This time going back and alone, I was able to take whatever side route I wanted and leave whenever I wanted. 

If you've never been to Centre Island before, it's basically one of the three islands that make up Toronto Islands. You have to take a 10-15 minute ferry there. There are restaurants, an amusement park for kids, beach, bikes rentals, a farm, and picnic spots. The ferry costed $7.50 CAD round trip.

On my way to the ferry terminal. I don't have a picture of the terminal because I never planned to make this post.

On the other side.

Taking a side route led me to this scenic scene.

The beginning of Centreville (the amusement park). It looks really fun for kids!

The part where edges of the amusement park meets the farm, called Far Enough Farm.

The beach. I don't know if swimming is allowed but a lot of people were sun tanning.


I think I walked about the park for about 3 hours before getting really tired and heading back so I wasn't able to see everything. There were also quite a lot of tourists there. I can't even tell you how excited I was when I heard some Singaporean accents (too much Clicknetwork and TreePotatoes! I'm obsess with how funny their videos are). 

To be honest, it was a little bit lonely because most of Toronto Island's attractions are better done with someone else. Nonetheless, still worthwhile spent with myself. Next stop: going to the theatres alone!

You can find more information about Toronto Island here

2 comments:

  1. I'd totally go on a trip by myself. It sounds like a lot of fun to me! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Looking forward to hearing about your experience!

      Delete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top