[TRAVEL] Ottawa

Monday, October 24, 2016
Hi everyone, recently I took a short friend with my friend for her birthday. I was surprised to hear that she's never been to Ottawa considering that it isn't "too" far away from where we live. Since she's a history major Ottawa was the perfect place to go.

If you're not familiar with Canada, Ottawa is the capital which is located in Ontario near the border to Quebec. As English and French are the official languages of Canada, you can hear both languages being spoken here. A little fact about me, although I've studied French since elementary school, at best I'm only conversationally good at it. Since I was only there for three days, I could only visit so many places. Here are some highlights of the trip. Enjoy!

This is the Parliament building where Canada's government do it's work!

Rideau Canal near Fairmount Hotel

Waiting to enter Parliament!

Inside 

The Library - the place of dreams! Look at that balcony, the shelves - swoons - 

From the Peace Tower

Crepe :)

At the Museum of History in Gatineau, Quebec.

Sculptures at the Japanese Zen Garden


3 comments:

  1. I'd love to visit Ottawa one of these days.

    I studied French from elementary school through high school too, and I'm still awful at it. Years ago, I tried ordering food in French at a restaurant in Montreal, and my server was just like, "I think it'd be better if you just ordered in English." :P

    Anyway, that library is like a dream! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. montreal is amazing as well. I'd like to visit Quebec City next. As for French, at least you tried! I always think people appreciate it if we try instead of defaulting to English. I had a bit of a brain fart moment on this trip when the cashier asked me if I wanted a bag for my stuff and I accidently answered in Korean. My brain was just going haywire trying to remember it's "oui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that's cute. Yeah, sometimes I blank on very simple French phrases. I think I'd have to really prepare myself if I go to Quebec again, because I can barely form a sentence in French now. These days, I have Korean phrases going through my head from watching too many K-dramas.

      Delete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top