What's On My Current Reading List

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Hi everyone, as winter is coming, I've been reading in my spare time. Reading was always one of my favourite past times in my childhood but like so many others, I had less and less time for it as I grew older. Today, I'm sharing with you what's on my reading shelf. As you'll see, I'm not really one to focus on a specific genre. Really! I'll read almost anything. Typically it takes me about two days to finish a book. Keep in mind that I wouldn't consider any of the books I'm reading now heavy at all. Hopefully this helps give you some reading suggestions.

1. The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
I've been waiting to read this one for ages. After finishing Girl on the Train, which I really liked, and Gone Girl, I've been hooked onto the murder/thriller genre. When I first saw The Couple Next Door, the cover really intrigued me and I'm finally reading it now. Basically it's about a couple whose baby goes missing while they're over at their neighbours having a barbecue. A lot of secrets are revealed as they try to find out what happens.
Edit: I've finished this MEH in my opinion. If you didn't like Girl on The Train, you definitely won't like this one. At first it was okay but the plot became predictable and the characters one dimentional _ dislikeable. 

2. Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple
Where'd You Go Bernadette was the first book I read from Maria Semple and like The Couple Next Door, it was the cover that really got me. I truly enjoyed Where'd You Go Bernadette as it was witty and fast pace. I've heard that Today Will Be Different is similar to WYGB but anything from Maria Semple, I'll read. That's how sold I am from WYGB.
Edit: This is even better than WYGB. Unlike most books, I took my time and truly slowed down to savour this one. This is a character driven book that really made me think about other people's perspectives as well as life in general. I highly recommend it!

3. Bridget Jones Diary: Edge of Reason By Helen Fielding
It may seem a bit controversial but I actually read all the other books in the series (including Bridget Jones' Baby - my favorite) this month except this one. I've already seen all the movies so I don't think I'm spoiling anything for myself. All the Bridget Jones books have been funny and sweet so I'm taking this one slow to savour. If you're a fan of Bridget Jones, I highly recommend the Confessions of a Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. 

4. The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
I've never read anything from this author before but I'm really enjoying the book so far. It's about a couple who finds a baby and kept it to raise as their own. Later they find out their decision to do so has caused another person grief. The movie for this recently came out in theatres but with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Girl on the Train on my to watch list, I doubt I will have time.

5. Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
The is the second book for Ruth Ware. The first one was In a Dark Dark Wood. I truly wanted to finish that one but there was a mix up and I've lost the book so I decided to move onto her second book for now. Woman in Cabin 10 is a mystery book as you can probably tell from the title. It's about a woman on a boat who witnesses another woman thrown off. However the number of passengers on the boat remains the same the next day. So it's a guessing game of whodunnit and how.

6. The Day The Crayons Quit By Drew Daywalt
I'm completely new to the realm of picture books but this one with all the sassy crayons captured my heart. Highly recommend!
Edit: I've also finished reading The Day The Crayons Came Home and it's even better. How's that possible?!

7. Eligible: A modern Retelling of Pride and Prejudice by Curtis Sittenfeld
This is my first book from Curtis Sittenfeld and so far it's definitely harder for me to get through than the other books. Although the title describes it all, it's basically the Bennets meet Darcy and Bingley but in modern day America. 

That's it for now! What are some genres that you enjoy and books you recommend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top